We’re delighted you’ve chosen Westwood Village Smiles to be your new dentist. Whether you need our expertise in cosmetic dentistry, require a new family dentist in the area, or know that Dr. Guillen and our wonderful staff actually make kids look forward to going to the dentist, welcome!
We offer a full array of dental care services under one roof without the need for outside referrals. Dr. Guillen can perform everything from simple repairs to complete restorative procedures with ease.
During your first visit to Westwood Village Smiles you’ll meet the staff and consult with Dr. Guillen. You’ll also likely undergo:
- Periodontal screenings (checking for gum disease)
- Screening for cavities
- An oral cancer screening
- A TMJ and jaw position analysis
Generally your first cleaning will actually take place on your second visit though exceptions to this rule may sometimes be made.
Here are a few things you should know to make your first visit with us go as smoothly as possible.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes earlier than your appointment time. This will allow us to process the necessary paperwork before you’re seen by the hygienist. (You can expedite the process by filling out new patient forms that can be retrieved here.)
- Remember, children under 18 must legally be accompanied by a responsible adult (parent or guardian) in order to be seen by the dentist.
- Most first-time visits last about one hour but in order to avoid scheduling conflicts please allow at least an hour and a half between our appointments and any others you may have that day.
- Westwood Village Smiles may require transfer of previous dental records (including X-Rays) prior to your first visit. However, it is sometimes necessary to order new X-Rays at our facility in order to get a more complete picture of your oral health if your previous imaging is out of date.
- Please bring your dental and medical insurance cards. Having these on file will expedite the billing process and reduce the risk of billing errors.
- Consider applying for CareCredit financing—an easy way to finance all of your restorative work and avoid paying out one lump sum. (For your convenience, you can apply for the CareCredit program here.)
- Now is the time to consult with our helpful office staff. Let us get to know your specific needs (in regard to scheduling, payments, procedures, and more) so we can provide a higher level of personalized care.